Decorating Your Nursery
with Shower Cards
By: H. Iacobacci-Miller
So your friends and family gave you a fabulous baby shower. You
have a nursery full of goodies for you baby and a pile of shower
cards wishing you and your little one all the best. Stop - don't
throw them out just yet!
When my best friend was expecting, I offered to help her decorate
her nursery. She found the colors and patterns but could never seem
to find wall art that struck her fancy. I noticed a stack of baby
cards with their cute pictures and soft colors that happened to
match her nursery.
I had wooden pique floor tiles from a recent remodeling project
and decided to put them to use.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Decoupage medium
- Sponge brush
- Latex paint of your choice of color
(your choice of size) or you can use foam board
that you can mat and frame for a more traditional look
- Baby cards, wrapping paper, etc.
- Sandpaper - fine grit
- Clear coat
- Picture hooks
How to Assemble:
- First, choose the cards that match your nursery theme.
- Either cut out the shape or cut off the front portion of card
- Prime your wood squares and allow to dry
- Lightly sand and clean with tack cloth
- Paint at least 2 coats of your choice of color allowing to dry
- Using decoupage medium, affix your card front or cutout to your
- Allow decoupage medium to dry thoroughly
- Apply a coat of decoupage medium over entire square and allow
to dry thoroughly
- Seal with clear coat
- Affix picture hook to back of square and hang!
This is a great way to use the cards given to you by friends and
family as well as to save money and make a one-of-a-kind wall art
for your baby's nursery.
If you have tried this project, feel free to send us your pictures!