Grommet & Ribbon Window
Courtesy of Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.
Window treatments are the crowing touch for a decorated room. Breaking
with traditional curtain styles can add the right note of fun and
informality. This can be most important in a family room, kitchen
or bedroom, areas in which your personality can truly shine through!
- 54" decorator fabric (enough to cover window)
- Contrasting decorator fabric for top border, 5" wide width
- Heat'n Bond Ultra Hold (to hem curtains and header)
- Set-It-Yourself grommet kit
- Additional grommets to complete curtain panels
- 1/2" wide unwired ribbon
- Lining fabric (if desired)
- Measure windows carefully to determine amount of fabric, hem
tape and grommets needed to complete this project. Measurements
will vary, depending on the desired length of curtains, window
width and other variables.
- Measure window to determine amount of 54" fabric needed
to cover window.
- Add 8" to fabric length to allow for 4" double-fold
hem. Add 2" to each side measurement to allow for 1"
- Follow directions on Heat'n Bond to hem panels on sides and
- Cut border fabric 5" deep on (lengthwise grain) and width
- Hem border fabric with Heat'n Bond Hem Tape on all four sides.
- After hemming, press border horizontally, long edges together.
Insert buckram between layers to make header.
- Slip header over top of curtain panel, with buckram to back.
- Layer Heat'n Bond as follows: between border and panel front;
between panel back and buckram; finally, between buckram and border.
Fuse each layer firmly before moving to the next one.
- Measure width of panel and evenly mark placement for grommets.
Follow directions on the Set-It-Yourself Grommet Kit for setting
- Cut ribbon into 12" pieces. Tie
curtain panel to pole.